40% of women refuse to have traditional vaginal examination because of feeling embarrassment1
Almost all cases of cervical cancer and genital warts are caused by specific HPV sub-types. 75% of sexually active women (and men) will have HPV infection in their lifetime2. Cervical cancer screening can reduce the incidence of cervical cancer. According to varieties of case-control studies, women who do not screening have 3-10 times higher in risk of developing cervical cancer than other women who screened3. Take action now for regular cervical cancer screening to reduce the risk!
Regular screening could prevent 90% of cervical cancer risk!4
HPV DNA Screening Test (Self-collection)
Screening for HPV in the comfort and convenience of your own home
It enables women to take a self-collected vaginal sample at home for HPV DNA screening testing. The WHO and the Hong Kong Cancer Society guideline recommend to use the HPV DNA test as an early screening test for cervical cancer!
It is easy, convenient and reliable. It also encourages screening participation especially for under-screened women.
The first line of defense against cervical cancer
Although screening can be conducted by Pap test, HPV infection could be latent without any signs or symptoms for many years, and Pap test could unable to detect these abnormal cells in the latent period. HPV DNA screening test is your first step to detect HPV infection at the early stage and prevent the development of cervical cancer more effectively.
Self-collection with a peace of mind
High privacy and No embarrassment
You can self-collect vaginal cells, no embarrassment and psychological stress as in traditional testing.
Simple and Quick
You just take a few minutes to complete sample collection.
ApexHealth’s self-collection of HPV DNA Screening Test can detect 28 common HPV viruses, including the major viruses that cause cervical cancer (such as HPV 16 and 18) and HPV viruses (such as HPV 6 and 11) that can cause genital warts (commonly known as broccoli). In addition, the coverage also includes 17 other high-risk genotypes (such as HPV 45, 52, 58, etc. common found in Asia).
What is the HPV DNA screening test finding meant to you?
You should get tested, if
- you are a woman aged 25 or over who ever had sexual experience should have regular HPV DNA test to protect yourself
- you intend to have regular health checkup
- Thought you have received human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination, you still need regular cervical screening
- Having multiple sexual partners, or sexual partner with multiple sexual partners
How to get tested
1. Order Online
You can choose to deliver the test kit to your place
collect the kit from our testing center
make an appointment for on-site test.
2. Collect Sample
Delivery Test / Self-collect Kit Test: Follow the user manual to collect the sample and mail it back to our testing center
On-site Test: Collect the sample in our testing center.
3. Get your Results
You can get your test report via email by 2-3 working days.
How to Use
- Vagina medication, internal vaginal flushing, sexual activity, gynecological examination, and use of lubricants are prohibited 24 hours before sample collection.
- Women in menstruation, pregnant women or women never have sex should not be used.
- Collected sample does not contain cervical or virginal cells may lead to false negatives.
- Patients with obvious symptoms should consult a doctor for sampling.
- The test is intended for information only, and service no purpose for diagnostic and/or treatment.
- Customers must present their identity cards and on the appointment day.
- *Only limited for order delivery to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and Macau Special Administrative Region, your order will be sent to you via S.F. Express to your appointed address. A delivery service fee will be paid by receiver. For Mainland China and oversea delivery please call us at (852) 3979 3200.
- The service purchased is valid for two months (from the date of purchase) or it will be forfeited.
- For enquiry, please call our customer service hotline at (852) 3979 3200.
Frequently Asked Questions
- HPV DNA Screening Test (Self-collection) set x 1 (Self-collection tool x 1 and Preservation tube x 1)
- Personal information stickers x 2
- User Manual x 1
- Test Request Form x 1
- Zip-bag x 1
- SF Express package x 1
- SF Express waybill x 1
Using the HPV DNA self-collection test kit is easy and pain-free. The whole process takes less than one minute. it is conducted in private and with total self-control. If you order the “Home Delivery Test” just post the sample back to us using S.F Express. Our skilled medical technologist will examine your sample for the presence of high-risk HPV genotype and low-risk genotype.
Yes. It is a user-friendly, simple, quality-tested device. The self-collection brush is a sterile and fully aseptic packaging device, so it carries no risk of infection.
We recommend all our customers to return their sample within 5 days after the sample collection procedure.
When you are on your menstruation period and pregnancy are not suitable. You should also avoid douching (washing inside the vagina), using vaginal medicines, lubricants, spermicides, or tampons 2 days before self-collecting a sample. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Department of Health. What are Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and the HPV vaccine. Available at: http://www.fhs.gov.hk/english/health_info/faq/women_health/WH2_5_2.html. Accessed on 15 Mar 2017