40% of women refuse the traditional vaginal examinations because of embarrassment or fear of troublesome
Most of the cervical cancer and genital warts are related to certain types of human papillomavirus (HPV)! People in lifetime has up to 75% chance of HPV infection2.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA screening could reduce the risk of cervical cancer. According to different case-control studies, it has been found that women who doesn’t have regular screening have 3-10 times higher risk of cervical cancer than other women3.
Action Now! Screening for cervical cancer immediately to reduce the risk of developing cancer!
REGULAR SCREENING CAN PREVENT 90% OF CERVICAL CANCER RISK!
Screening for HPV in the comfort and convenience
It enables women to take a self-collected cervical-vaginal sample at home for HPV DNA testing. The WHO and the Hong Kong Cancer Society guideline recommend to use the HPV DNA test as an early screening test for cervical cancer!
The first line of defense against cervical cancer
Although screening can be conducted by Pap test, however HPV infection could be latent without any symptoms for many years, and Pap test might be unable to detect these abnormal cells in the latent period. HPV DNA screening test is your first step to detect HPV infection at the early stage and prevent the development of cervical cancer more effectively.
HPV DNA Screening Test is easy, convenient and reliable. It also encourages screening participation especially for under-screened women.
SELF-COLLECTION FOR PEACE OF MIND
High privacy and No embarrassment
You can self-collect vaginal cells, thus no embarrassment and psychological stress as in traditional testing.
Simple and Quick
Only take a few minutes to complete sample collection.
Detects 28 common clinic HPV genotypes, covering most HPV infection types including high risk HPV DNA genotypes 16,18 which common found in cervical cancer. In addition, also included high-risk HPV genotypes commonly found in Asia, such as types 45, 52, and 58.
Covering most HPV virus infected typed
HPV transmitted through sexual contact can be divided into “High-risk type” and “Low-risk type”. Infection with the virus may not necessarily result in symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), so many people may not aware they have been already infected.
High-risk HPV genotypes, such as types 16 and 18, can cause cancers such as cervical cancer, vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer in females, and penile cancer, “oropharyngeal cancer”, and “anal cancer” in males.
WHAT DOES THE HPV DNA SCREENING RESULT MEAN?
Recommended to consult your family doctor for further examination (such as colposcopy) to find out whether there are abnormal cervical cells.
A test that is negative for HPV means that no HPV has been found in the cervical cells but it should recommend for routine screening,
- Women aged 25 or above who have sexual intercourse at earlier age should be tested regularly to protect their health
- People who need health check-up on regular basis
- Even women who have been vaccinated against HPV, still need regular cervical cancer screening
- Multiple sexual partners or sexual partner with multiple sexual partners
You can self-collect sample, thus no embarrassment and psychological stress as in traditional testing.
Delivery /Self-Pickup Test Kit: Collect samples according to the instructions in the box and deliver back to our Medical Center in the same day morning only.
(No collection service on Sundays and public holidays)
Report ready in 4- 5 working days
Report ready in 1-2 working days
- Avoid using virgin oriented products, sexual interaction, Gynecological examination, 24 hours before sample collection.
- Please do not use during pregnant and during period.
- Please avoid repeated usage or if the cells are not from cervical or virgin tissues may lead to diagnostic error.
- Those with obvious symptoms should ask a doctor for assistance sampling.
Frequently Asked Questions
- HPV DNA Self-collection Set x
1 (Sampling collection tool x 1, Preservation tube x 1)
- Personal Information Sticker x 2
- User Manual x 1
- Test Request Form x 1
- Zig Bag x 1
- SF Express Package x 1
- SF Express waybill x 1
The test method is simple and non-invasive. The whole sample collection process takes less than a minute. After the sample is collected, the process is completely self-controlled, with high privacy. If you perform the test at home, simply return the sample to us using SF Express. Our professional medical technicians will perform tests for you to check your samples for the presence of high-risk and low-risk HPV types.
Absolutely safe. This set is easy to use with high quality, and hermetically sealed aseptic packaging minimize the risk of infection.
Women: cervical cancer, anal cancer, vaginal cancer, vulvar cancer, cervical precancerous lesions, vulvar precancerous lesions, vaginal precancerous lesions, genital warts (cauliflower), head and neck cancer, throat cancer.
Men: Genital warts (cauliflower), anal cancer, penile cancer, head and neck cancer, throat cancer.
For best results, we recommend that all customers return the sample to us within five days after collection.
Not suitable for collect at any time during menstruation and pregnancy. You should avoid douching (i.e. washing inside the vagina) or using vaginal medications, lubricants, spermicides, or tampons for the 2 days before the sample collection. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- The test is for reference only, and is not suitable for diagnostic and/or treatment use.
- We offer free door-to-door delivery service within Hong Kong region. Delivery service is applicable to commercial addresses, self-pickup services at SF stores or EF Lockers only (Not including residential area).
- The service purchased is valid for two months (from the date of purchase) or it will be forfeited.
- **Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- No cancellation is acceptable once an order is confirmed.
- For any enquiry, please call our customer services hotline at (852) 3979 3200.