More than 1 million STIs are found every day worldwide, often have no symptoms!
The Importance of Regular STDs Testing: Protecting Yourself
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs), sometimes referred to as sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), often have no symptoms. However, if left untreated there can be serious consequences including blindness and other neurologic manifestations, infertility, mother-to-child transmission or birth defects.
Any sexually active person can catch an STI, those who change partners frequently or do not use condoms are at higher risk. Previous successful treatment for an STI doesn’t make you immune to catching the infection again.
If you are sexually active, getting tested for STDs is one of the most important things you can do to protect your health.
Common STDs Symptoms
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) refer to diseases that are transmitted through sexual activity. Common examples include gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes, and HIV/AIDS.
The most common Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Comprehensive Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Screening
Express 1 Working Day Report
Understandable test results help you understand your own health condition.
Take the test at home
Collect in person / delivery test kit to you and check anytime with no embarrassment.
Return your sample to our lab
After collected the sample return to our Medical Center personal within 24 hours only.
(No collection service on Sundays and public holidays)
Express Report in 1 working days via email
- Urine Test: Recommended to collect the sample of your first morning urine on the day. If necessary, customers could collect urine sample bottle at the center before testing.
- Please do not use during pregnant and during period.
- Those with obvious symptoms should ask a doctor for sampling assistance.
Other STDs Check-up Plans
|安心男士性病檢查 (42項)||安心女士性病檢查 (43項)|
||Add to cart||Add to cart|
Different STIs have vary by the type of symptoms, some may have no symptoms in some cases, and some symptoms may be particularly difficult to detect. Common symptoms of STIs include:
- Abnormal genital discharge from penis
- Vaginal odor
- Pain or discomfort during urination
- Genital rash, ulcers, blisters, or warts
- Genital itching or irritation
- Blisters or sores in or around the mouth
STIs can be transmitted through skin-to-skin contact and bodily fluids, so any type of sexual activity can potentially lead to an STI, including vaginal sex, anal sex, oral sex, manual stimulation, intimate skin-to-skin contact, and sharing sex toys. Therefore, it is recommended to use protective measures such as condoms.
No, you can still get infected with an STI again after being infected! Herpes and HIV are lifelong infections, while other STIs such as chlamydia and gonorrhea can be cured. There is no immunity after being infected with an STI, and if you have sexual contact with an infected person, you may get infected again.
You should get tested for STIs as soon as possible if found any of the following situations:
- Having multiple sexual partners
- Having sexual contact with someone who has or is suspected to have an STI
- Engaging in unprotected sex, without condom or experiencing condom broke during sex
- If you have suspected STI symptoms or have been diagnosed by a doctor to receive timely treatment
- Having new/multiple sexual partners should get tested annually
- Having new/multiple sexual partners should get tested annually
In order to test STD, blood taking for antigen and antibody detection is commonly used in the market. ApexHealth provides comprehensive DNA screening for STDs. Compared with antigen and antibody tests, DNA detection not only offers a higher sensitivity and accuracy, but also shortens the testing time.
Benefits of DNA Testing:
- Require small amount of STD sample
- Accuracy and sensitivity higher than ag/ab test
- Detect multiple STIs simultaneously
More STDs Information
What causes it?
The bacterium called Treponema pallidum causes it.
What are the common symptoms?
According to the clinical manifestations at different stages. There are three different stages of syphilis and symptoms are similar for men and women.
A painless sore (called a chancre) appears at the site of infection approximately 10-90 days after contact. The sore may appear on any part of the body, usually on the penis or vulva, but sometimes the sore will not be noticed, especially in women when the sore is inside the vagina.
During this time, a person may develop non-itchy rash on the palms of the hands, soles of the feet, the belly or the genitals. There may also be some flu-like symptoms. The symptoms in this stage will disappear in a few weeks even without treatment. However, this does not mean that the patient has recovered. In fact, the bacteria are still lurking inside the body.
Tertiary stage (months to years):
The bacteria continue to invade the brain, the spinal cord and the heart, causing blindness, paralysis and even death.
Disregard of the disease stage, improperly treated pregnant woman can transmit the disease to the unborn baby, leading to serious consequences.
There may be no symptoms at all and is usually not contagious during this stage.
What test do I do if I have syphilis?
You need to be examined by a doctor and could use microscopic examination of the material from the sores or blood tests. The person(s) you have had sex with should also be tested for the disease.
- *The results will be displayed in the appendix with the health check test reports for reference only
- #It is only applicable to people aged 30-75 and those who have not had any previous cardiovascular disease.
- ^Not applicable to individuals with a prior liver condition, weight ≥160 kg, and age ≤40 (women) or ≤35 (men), on medications to lower triglycerides or with inherited hypertriglyceridemia.
- Customers undergoing a medical examination must be at least 18 years of age or older. (For those who are under 18 and would like to perform Health Check Services, they must be accompanied by their parent(s) and sign the consent form)
- No eating or drinking or taking of any drug within 8 hours before the examination (Except plain water).
- Please do not smoke or drink any alcohol and caffeine drinks before the test.
- Pregnant ladies, or any members who are suffering from bleeding disorders or receiving anti-coagulant therapy are advised to consult his/her medical doctor prior to receiving the services.
- Urine test: Collect the middle portion of 15ml urine stream in the clean container before the test.
- Stool test: Stool size should be walnut or 1-inch ball in the clean container within 24 hours before the test or can get the special stool container in our testing centre. (It is important that no urine or toilet water mix with the stool sample).
Terms and Conditions
- Customers must present their identity cards and the order confirmation letter on the appointment day.
- The service purchased is valid for two months (from the date of purchase) or it will be forfeited.
- **Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- No cancellation is acceptable once an order is confirmed.
- Service items may change without piror notice. In case of dispute, ApexHealth reserves all rights.
- For any enquiry, please call our customer services hotline at (852) 3979 3200.
- Disclaimers: All health check/health screening services are not for the purpose of medical diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. When there is any sign of symptom/disease in your health, please consult Doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment.